If you are ready to explore a career in which you have an opportunity to truly innovate, discover, and positively benefit our planet alongside a dynamic team, please submit your resume to .
Location: San Diego, California
Position Type: Full-Time
Required Education: B.S.
Area(s) of Expertise Desired: Genome Editing, Molecular Biology
Job Code: TD2248
Cibus is a biotechnology company with advanced technologies to precisely target and direct a plant’s natural gene-editing processes. This approach accelerates natural plant breeding that has been a staple of farming for thousands of years and has resulted in a rapid, versatile and low-cost way to produce sustainable industrial and agricultural products and improve human health by safely harnessing nature's own genetic diversity.
The company has a worldwide presence, with subsidiaries in Europe and North America and a state-of-the-art research and development center in San Diego. Cibus has a pipeline of traits for canola and rice and is developing crop platforms and a pipeline of trait products in other major global crops including soybean, corn, and wheat. The broad applicability of Cibus’ technologies is highlighted by the company’s strain-advancement program, which develops sustainable products in microbial platforms for the food, flavor and fragrance, and personal care markets.
Cibus has an immediate opening for a Senior Research Associate to help us to revolutionize plant breeding.
The ideal candidate will have a B.S. degree in Molecular Biology/Biological Sciences or in a related discipline with a minimum of 2 years’ experience in research and/or development environment. The candidate would have a solid understanding of basic molecular biology techniques, as well as strong organizational skills. Acquaintance with GLP/GMP environments is a strong plus.
- Assist in production, procurement, and QC of mission critical reagents related to the company’s gene editing efforts.
- Work closely with the Reagent Group Team Leader and collaborate with other team leaders within the organization to ensure all reagent requests are processed in a timely manner and with minimal disruption to project timelines.
- Create and manage SOPs for all relevant workflows and/or methods.
- Execute reagent QC, optimization, and troubleshooting experiments on an as needed basis to assist in meeting experimental timelines.
- Utilize a broad suite of general, theoretical, and practical molecular biology techniques to complete assigned tasks.
- Communicate research findings through written reports and oral presentations.
- Demonstrate the ability to be independent, self-motivated, and enjoy working in a highly collaborative setting.
Knowledge, Experience, & Skills:
- Prior industry experience in plant molecular biology, gene editing, or willingness to quickly transition into an industrial setting of scientific research is preferred.
- Strong working knowledge and scientific capabilities across molecular biology, biochemistry, and cell biology is highly desirable.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Highly proficient in MS Office Suite. Experience with LIMs preferred.
- Strong organizational skills, accurate record keeping, and attention to detail.
- Strong foundation in following SOPs. Able to develop SOPs and perform troubleshooting on procedures.
- Strong organizational and motivational skills, accurate record keeping, and attention to detail.
- Ability to execute assigned tasks independently or as part of a team.
- Able to use judgment and make routine recommendations for resolving problems in moderately complex assignments.
- Highly proficient in MS Office Suite.
- Ability to adapt to minor changes in routine to achieve objectives.
Cibus provides an attractive compensation and benefits package that includes medical/dental/vision, flexible spending, 401(k) plan, vacation and sick leave. If you enjoy working as part of a team and want to participate in this exciting research, please e-mail resume to and put down job code: TD2248.
ONLY CANDIDATES WITH WORK AUTHORIZATION IN THE U.S. ARE CONSIDERED AT THIS TIME.