If you are ready to explore a career in which you have an opportunity to truly innovate, discover, and positively benefit our planet alongside a dynamic team, please submit your resume to .
Location: San Diego, California
Position Type: Full-Time/Contract/Intern
Required Education: B.S. or M.S.
Area(s) of Expertise Desired: Automation, Process Management, Screening, Cell Culture Etc.
Job Code: SC2281
Cibus is a biotechnology company with advanced technologies to precisely target and direct a plant’s natural gene-editing processes. This approach accelerates natural plant breeding that has been a staple of farming for thousands of years and has resulted in a rapid, versatile and low-cost way to produce sustainable industrial and agricultural products and improve human health by safely harnessing nature's own genetic diversity.
The company has a worldwide presence, with subsidiaries in Europe and North America and a state-of-the-art research and development center in San Diego. Cibus has a pipeline of traits for canola and rice and is developing crop platforms and a pipeline of trait products in other major global crops including soybean, corn, and wheat. The broad applicability of Cibus’ technologies is highlighted by the company’s strain-advancement program, which develops sustainable products in microbial platforms for the food, flavor and fragrance, and personal care markets.
Cibus has an immediate opening for a Buyer to help us to revolutionize plant breeding.
Buyer will be responsible for the procurement of goods and services to support production and R&D activities. Buyer will also contribute to the bottom line by working with department managers to minimize costs of goods.
- Responsible for sourcing, forecasting, and purchasing the required goods and services for production needs
- Reviews and processes purchases orders for approval of materials or services based on end user requirements/production needs
- Invoice approval for purchased goods/services
- Identify and recommend suppliers that will meet business needs
- Work closely with various departments to purchase sustainable materials or services required to meet company needs
- Maintain adequate inventory stock levels to minimize costs
- Liaison between the supplier and end user of materials/services being purchased
- Prepares bids, Request for Information (RFI), Request for quotes (RFQ), Request for Proposal (RFP)
- Establish and maintain supplier relationships and negotiating pricing and terms & conditions
- Escalating quality issues with suppliers and quality team
- Investigate supplier discrepancies with deliveries and purchase orders
- Manage supplier management program, including but not limited to, providing data to create supplier scorecard, monitor supplier performance and communicate feedback with suppliers and department managers
- Create, implement, or modify existing purchasing procedures that will adhere to company requirements for procurement and cost savings
- Bachelor’s Degree or procurement certification, APICS a plus
- 5+ years of procurement experience
- Experience in Biotech or regulated production environment preferred
- Skilled in preparing RFI, RFQ and RFP
- Have excellent communication, negotiation, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently across different function groups
- Ability to resolve customer complaints or concerns
- Knowledge and use of ERP or reporting system
- Proficient in MS Office, Forecasting, ERP system, invoicing, presentation skills and holding routine meetings with necessary stakeholders
Cibus provides an attractive compensation and benefits package that includes medical/dental/vision, flexible spending, 401(k) plan, vacation and sick leave. If you enjoy working as part of a team and want to participate in this exciting research, please e-mail resume to and put down job code: SC2281.
ONLY CANDIDATES WITH WORK AUTHORIZATION IN THE U.S. ARE CONSIDERED AT THIS TIME.