If you are ready to explore a career in which you have an opportunity to truly innovate, discover, and positively benefit our planet alongside a dynamic team, please submit your resume to .
Sr Associate Data Management, Product Development
Location: San Diego, California or Roseville, MN
Position Type: Full Time
Required Education: Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent) in Computer Science, Agronomy, Plant Science, Biology or a related scientific discipline and a minimum of 1 to 2 years of relevant experience.
Salary Range: $61,000 - $79,250
Job Code: PD2401
Cibus is a biotechnology company with advanced technologies to precisely target and direct a plant’s natural gene-editing processes. This approach accelerates natural plant breeding that has been a staple of farming for thousands of years and has resulted in a rapid, versatile and low-cost way to produce sustainable industrial and agricultural products and improve human health by safely harnessing nature's own genetic diversity.
The company has a worldwide presence, with subsidiaries in Europe and North America and a state-of-the-art research and development center in San Diego. Cibus has a pipeline of traits for canola and rice and is developing crop platforms and a pipeline of trait products in other major global crops including soybean, corn, and wheat. The broad applicability of Cibus’ technologies is highlighted by the company’s strain-advancement program, which develops sustainable products in microbial platforms for the food, flavor and fragrance, and personal care markets.
Cibus has an immediate opening for a Sr Associate Data Management to help us to revolutionize plant breeding.
- Support management and maintenance of Product Development database, including development and adherence to data organizational, backup, and retention policies.
- Provide ongoing training and technical assistance of various database modules to new and existing users, including development of standard operating procedures and training guidelines for ensuring data standards are maintained across users.
- Assist Product Development stakeholders in developing daily workflow improvements to accelerate database integration within functional teams.
- Support Product Development teams across database applications, including importing and organizing germplasm and data, inventory management, experiment data entry, and data analysis, report generation, and data visualization (using built in tools or through external software).
- Collaborate with other internal database support teams to create data handoff templates and assess opportunities for cross database integration.
- Problem-solving skills and desire to continually improve methods for data capture, organization, compliance, and analysis.
- During peak seasons, support field and nursery activities, including planting, transplanting, harvest, seed processing and packaging, grain sample quality processing and seed inventory management.
Knowledge, Experience, Skills:
- Analytical mindset and excellent problem solver.
- Previous research and agriculture experience in field crops.
- Proven track record from previous work experience of working independently to support team and project goals.
- Familiarity with designing field and greenhouse trials is preferred.
- Thorough understanding of data management duties such as experiment design, data collection and analysis.
- Ability to recognize project objectives and coordinate personnel and resource requirements necessary to meet goals.
- Familiarity with SQL, Python and R programming language is preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to translate complex processes using non-technical terms.
- Good organizational and motivational skills, accurate record keeping, and attention to detail.
- Familiarity with basic statistical analysis and experimental design principles.
- Able to use judgment to resolve problems and troubleshoot routine assignments.
- Familiarity with use of a relational database along with MS Office suite, including Excel. Prior experience with Genovix (or Agrobase) is a plus.
- Excellent time management skills including the ability to work towards meeting multiple deadlines simultaneously with a high degree of accuracy and precision.
- Able to develop and follow SOPs.
- Ability to adapt to minor changes in routine to achieve objectives.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Onsite work week (preferred) but hybrid work will be considered.
- Must be able to lift 20-50 pounds with or without accommodation.
- Ability to work occasionally under greenhouse conditions, including high temperature and humidity.
Cibus provides an attractive compensation and benefits package that includes medical/dental/vision, flexible spending, 401(k) plan, vacation and sick leave. If you enjoy working as part of a team and want to participate in this exciting research, please e-mail your resume to and put down job code: PD2401.
ONLY CANDIDATES WITH WORK AUTHORIZATION IN THE U.S. ARE CONSIDERED AT THIS TIME.