If you are ready to explore a career in which you have an opportunity to truly innovate, discover, and positively benefit our planet alongside a dynamic team, please submit your resume to .
Location: San Diego, California
Position Type: Contract
Required Education: H.S. or B.S.
Area(s) of Expertise Desired: Greenhouse maintenance/ gardening
Job Code: PD2160
Cibus is a biotechnology company with advanced technologies to precisely target and direct a plant’s natural gene-editing processes. This approach accelerates natural plant breeding that has been a staple of farming for thousands of years and has resulted in a rapid, versatile and low-cost way to produce sustainable industrial and agricultural products and improve human health by safely harnessing nature's own genetic diversity.
The company has a worldwide presence, with subsidiaries in Europe and North America and a state-of-the-art research and development center in San Diego. Cibus has a pipeline of traits for canola and rice and is developing crop platforms and a pipeline of trait products in other major global crops including soybean, corn, and wheat. The broad applicability of Cibus’ technologies is highlighted by the company’s strain-advancement program, which develops sustainable products in microbial platforms for the food, flavor and fragrance, and personal care markets.
Cibus has an immediate opening for a Greenhouse Assistant to help us to revolutionize plant breeding.
- Perform greenhouse maintenance duties associated with the culture of a high quality crop. These duties may include: Pot filling, planting, transplanting, trimming, staking, ribboning, watering, scouting for pests, harvesting.
- Maintain general cleanliness in greenhouse facilities and associated storage/office areas according to established cleanliness protocols.
- Assist with pest/disease management.
- Participate in the improvement of greenhouse infrastructure as needed.
- Adhering to and improving on all safety measures currently in place in greenhouse setting.
Knowledge, Experience, and Skills:
- Prior greenhouse and/or gardening experience preferred.
- Strong attention to detail is a must.
- Preferred previous work in research or production greenhouse facilities.
- Ability to work under greenhouse conditions, including: standing, crouching, lifting, bending and tolerating high temperatures for brief periods is required.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs. with or without accommodation.
- Willing to obtain a pesticide applicator’s license.
- Willing to occasionally take care of plants during the weekend on a rotating schedule.
- Willing to travel to secondary greenhouse location.
Cibus provides an attractive compensation and benefits package that includes medical/dental/vision, flexible spending, 401(k) plan, vacation and sick leave. If you enjoy working as part of a team and want to participate in this exciting research, please e-mail resume to and put down job code: PD2160.
ONLY CANDIDATES WITH WORK AUTHORIZATION IN THE U.S. ARE CONSIDERED AT THIS TIME.