If you are ready to explore a career in which you have an opportunity to truly innovate, discover, and positively benefit our planet alongside a dynamic team, please submit your resume to .
Senior LIMS/Data Associate or LIMS/Data Specialist
Location: San Diego, California
Position Type: Full-Time
Required Education: B.S.
Area(s) of Expertise Desired: LIMS & Data Management
Job Code: MB2227
Cibus is a biotechnology company with advanced technologies to precisely target and direct a plant’s natural gene-editing processes. This approach accelerates natural plant breeding that has been a staple of farming for thousands of years and has resulted in a rapid, versatile and low-cost way to produce sustainable industrial and agricultural products and improve human health by safely harnessing nature's own genetic diversity.
The company has a worldwide presence, with subsidiaries in Europe and North America and a state-of-the-art research and development center in San Diego. Cibus has a pipeline of traits for canola and rice and is developing crop platforms and a pipeline of trait products in other major global crops including soybean, corn, and wheat. The broad applicability of Cibus’ technologies is highlighted by the company’s strain-advancement program, which develops sustainable products in microbial platforms for the food, flavor and fragrance, and personal care markets.
Cibus has an immediate opening for a Senior LIMS/Data Associate or LIMS/Data Specialist who will help us to revolutionize plant breeding using our unique, patented RTDS™ gene editing technology. This position will play a central role in Cibus’ efforts implement and manage a company-wide Laboratory Information Management (LIMS) system. The successful applicant will be experience at working with LIMS and/or other database system and data analysis and visualization. This position offers an exciting opportunity for a motivated individual to grow in a dynamic company focused on cutting edge gene editing technology.
Bachelor’s degree in Biology, Computer Science or related field with 2+ years of relevant experience (Senior Associate) or (Specialist).
- Assist in the deployment and administration of the LIMS (Laboratory Information Management System)
- Collaborate with internal laboratory teams to develop, deploy and maintain workflows within LIMS
- Participate in end user training and support
- Manage LIMS ticketing board
Knowledge, Experience, Skills:
- Working experience in a biotechnology environment preferred
- Experience with SQL queries, Python, R, or similar data trending tools
- Experience with Microsoft PowerBI, Tableau or similar
- Experience with database development beneficial (PostgreSQL, MSSQL or similar)
- Experience with Laboratory Information Management Systems
- Demonstrated problem solving ability, attention to detail and analytical thinking
- Laboratory experience beneficial
- Able to independently manage multiple tasks while meeting deadlines
- Flexible in the capacity to adapt to changes in direction with minimal guidance
- Ability to work independently or as a part of a team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Effectively communicates with supervisor through meetings and report writing.
- Ability to be independent, self-motivated, and enjoy working in a highly collaborative environment
Cibus provides an attractive compensation and benefits package that includes medical/dental/vision, flexible spending, 401(k) plan, vacation and sick leave. If you enjoy working as part of a team and want to participate in this exciting research, please e-mail resume to and put down job code: MB2227.
ONLY CANDIDATES WITH WORK AUTHORIZATION IN THE U.S. ARE CONSIDERED AT THIS TIME.