If you are ready to explore a career in which you have an opportunity to truly innovate, discover, and positively benefit our planet alongside a dynamic team, please submit your resume to .
Contract Production Associate – High-throughput Genotyping
Location: San Diego, CA
Position Type: Full-Time
Required Education: B.S. or AA/HS with experience
Area(s) of Expertise Desired: Automation, DNA Extraction, Molecular Biology, Genotyping, Molecular Diagnostics
Job Code: MB2142
Cibus is a biotechnology company with advanced technologies to precisely target and direct a plant’s natural gene-editing processes. This approach accelerates natural plant breeding that has been a staple of farming for thousands of years and has resulted in a rapid, versatile and low-cost way to produce sustainable industrial and agricultural products and improve human health by safely harnessing nature's own genetic diversity.
The company has a worldwide presence, with subsidiaries in Europe and North America and a state-of-the-art research and development center in San Diego. Cibus has a pipeline of traits for canola and rice and is developing crop platforms and a pipeline of trait products in other major global crops including soybean, corn, and wheat. The broad applicability of Cibus’ technologies is highlighted by the company’s strain-advancement program, which develops sustainable products in microbial platforms for the food, flavor and fragrance, and personal care markets.
Cibus has an immediate opening for a contract Production Associate – High-throughput Genotyping position to help us to revolutionize plant breeding using our unique, patented RTDS™ gene editing technology. The successful applicant will help to run automated high-throughput workflows to genotype gene edited materials across Cibus’ R&D pipeline. The position is contracted for an initial 90 days, with a possibility to be extended, dependent on business needs. This position offers an excellent opportunity for a talented individual to learn and grown in a dynamic R&D environment focused on cutting edge gene editing technology.
- Operate Hamilton Star automated liquid handlers running DNA extraction and PCR based molecular genotyping workflows.
- Prepare samples and reagents for genotyping.
- Perform quality control checks.
- Initiate qPCR reactions and help with data analysis and reporting.
- Contribute ideas to help identify process gaps and improve process efficiency.
- B.Sc. degree in Biological Science or Engineering with 0+ years of experience or an AA/HS diploma with 2+ years of experience.
- Prior experience running automated liquid handlers or similar equipment is desired.
- Hands on experience with DNA extraction, PCR, qPCR and/or NGS Target Amplicon Resequencing.
- Process oriented mindset with strong problem solving skills.
- Excellent sample and data tracking skills, attention to detail, and the ability to record experimental procedures in a clear, accurate manner.
- Able to follow Standard Operating Procedures and provide feedback to improve process efficiency.
- Highly proficient in Excel and MS Office suite.
- Effectively communicates with supervisor through meetings and report writing.
- Ability to be independent, self-motivated, and enjoy working in a highly collaborative environment.
- Ability to work an early morning to afternoon schedule with possible weekend work.
Cibus provides an attractive compensation and benefits package that includes medical/dental/vision, flexible spending, 401(k) plan, vacation and sick leave. If you enjoy working as part of a team and want to participate in this exciting research, please e-mail resume to and put down job code: MB2142.
ONLY CANDIDATES WITH WORK AUTHORIZATION IN THE U.S. ARE CONSIDERED AT THIS TIME.