Current Job Openings
Contract Research Associate – High-throughput Screening
Location: San Diego, CA
Position Type: Full-Time
Required Education: B.S. or AA/HS with experience
Area(s) of Expertise Desired: Automation, DNA Extraction, Molecular Biology, PCR/qPCR
Job Code: MB2107
Cibus is a biotechnology company with advanced technologies to precisely target and direct a plant’s natural gene-editing processes. This approach accelerates natural plant breeding that has been a staple of farming for thousands of years and has resulted in a rapid, versatile and low-cost way to improve nutrition, increase crop yields, and reduce waste.
The company has a worldwide presence, with subsidiaries in Europe and North America and a state-of-the-art research and development center in San Diego. Cibus has a pipeline of traits for canola and rice and is developing crop platforms and a pipeline of trait products in other major global crops including soybean, corn, and wheat. The broad applicability of Cibus’ technologies is highlighted by the company’s strain-advancement program, which develops sustainable products in microbial platforms for the food, flavor and fragrance, and personal care markets.
Cibus has an immediate opening for a contract Research Associate – High-throughput Screening position to help us to revolutionize plant breeding using our unique, patented RTDS™ gene editing technology to produce sustainable industrial and agricultural products and improve human health by safely harnessing Nature's own genetic diversity.
The successful applicant will help to run automated high-throughput molecular diagnostic workflows to screen gene edited materials across Cibus’ R&D pipeline. This position will work as part of a team and be expected to independently operate all aspects of an automated liquid handling system for DNA extraction and molecular genotyping including sample and reagent preparation, initiating PCR/qPCR reactions, data analysis and reporting. The position is for shift work in the afternoon to evening and contracted for an initial 180 days and may be extended, dependent on business needs. This position offers an excellent opportunity for a talented individual to learn and grown in a matrixed environment focused on cutting edge gene editing technology.
- B.Sc. degree in Biological Science or Engineering with 0+ years of experience or an AA/HS diploma with 2+ years of experience.
- Prior experience running automated liquid handlers or similar equipment is essential.
- Hands on experience with DNA extraction and other PCR based molecular diagnostic protocols such as qPCR and/or NGS Target Amplicon Resequencing.
- Process oriented mindset with strong problem solving skills.
- Excellent sample and data tracking skills, attention to detail, and the ability to record experimental procedures in a clear, accurate manner.
- Able to follow Standard Operating Procedures and provide feedback to improve process efficiency.
- Highly proficient in Excel and MS Office suite.
- Effectively communicates with supervisor through meetings and report writing.
- Ability to be independent, self-motivated, and enjoy working in a highly collaborative environment.
- Ability to work an afternoon to evening schedule with possible weekend work is desired.
Cibus provides an attractive compensation and benefits package that includes medical/dental/vision, flexible spending, 401(k) plan, vacation and sick leave. If you enjoy working as part of a team and want to participate in this exciting research, please e-mail resume to and put down job code: MB2107.
ONLY CANDIDATES WITH WORK AUTHORIZATION IN THE U.S. ARE CONSIDERED AT THIS TIME.