Current Job Openings
LIMS/Data Specialist – Molecular Biology
Location: San Diego, CA
Position Type: Full-Time
Required Education: Master’s Degree (for Specialist level) or Bachelor’s Degree (for Sr. Associate level) in Biology, Computer Science, Bioinformatics or related field
Job Code: MB1919
Cibus is a biotechnology company with advanced technologies to precisely target and direct a plant’s natural gene-editing processes. This approach accelerates natural plant breeding that has been a staple of farming for thousands of years and has resulted in a rapid, versatile and low-cost way to improve nutrition, increase crop yields, and reducing waste.
The company has a worldwide presence, with subsidiaries in Europe and North America and a state-of-the-art research and development center in San Diego. Cibus has launched its first commercial product, SU Canola™, and has a pipeline to traits for canola, rice, flax, and potato. The broad applicability of Cibus’ technologies is highlighted by the company’s strain-advancement program, which develops sustainable products in microbial platforms for the food, flavor and fragrance, and personal care markets.
We have an immediate opening for a LIMS/Data Specialist, who can help us revolutionize commercial crop development by safely harnessing Nature's own genetic diversity using our unique, patented RTDS™ gene editing technology. The successful candidate will have familiarity with a biological laboratory setting, data acquisition and/or data analysis. A Master’s degree with 1-2 years of related experience for the Specialist level position, or a Bachelor's Degree with 1-2 years of related experience for the Sr. Associate level position, or a in Biology, Computer Science, Bioinformatics or related field is required. plus 1-2 years of related experience.
The LIMS/Data Specialist will assist in the deployment of a new LIMS system, as well as participate in end user training and support. They will assist in implementing experimental workflows in LIMS and developing user-friendly dashboards and reports and participate in the daily operations of the LIMS system. The successful candidate will be a strong communicator who is comfortable working with diverse groups of scientists and understanding their needs.
- Assist in the deployment and administration of the LIMS system
- Collaborate with internal laboratory teams to develop, deploy and maintain workflows within LIMS
- Perform data entry, analysis and visualization, and records maintenance
- Independently plan, develop, and deploy user-friendly dashboards and reports for end users
- Participate in end user training and support
- Manage both internal and outsourced content workflow solutions to quickly connect researchers with published scientific information
- Demonstrated problem solving ability, attention to detail and analytical thinking
- Experience with SQL queries, Excel macros or similar data trending software
- Experience with LIMS configuration or database development preferred
- Able to independently manage multiple tasks while meeting deadlines
- Flexible in the capacity to adapt to changes in direction with minimal guidance
- Ability to work independently or as a part of a team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
Education and Background :
- Master’s Degree (for Specialist level) or Bachelor’s Degree (for Sr. Associate level) in Biology, Computer Science, Bioinformatics or similar
- Working experience in a biotechnology environment preferred
- Education in computer programming or software development a plus
- Experience with STARLIMS Laboratory Information Management System is a plus
Cibus provides an attractive compensation and benefits package that includes medical/dental/vision, flexible spending, 401(k) plan, vacation and sick leave. If you enjoy working as part of a team and want to participate in this exciting research, please e-mail resume to and put down job code: MB1919.
ONLY CANDIDATES WITH WORK AUTHORIZATION IN THE U.S. ARE CONSIDERED AT THIS TIME.