Current Job Openings
Contract Production Associate – Laboratory Support
Location: San Diego, CA
Position Type: Full-Time
Required Education: B.S. or AA/HS with experience
Area(s) of Expertise Desired: Inventory, Materials, and Data Management, Planning, Ordering, Laboratory QC
Job Code: LS2109
Cibus is a biotechnology company with advanced technologies to precisely target and direct a plant’s natural gene-editing processes. This approach accelerates natural plant breeding that has been a staple of farming for thousands of years and has resulted in a rapid, versatile and low-cost way to improve nutrition, increase crop yields, and reduce waste.
The company has a worldwide presence, with subsidiaries in Europe and North America and a state-of-the-art research and development center in San Diego. Cibus has a pipeline of traits for canola and rice and is developing crop platforms and a pipeline of trait products in other major global crops including soybean, corn, and wheat. The broad applicability of Cibus’ technologies is highlighted by the company’s strain-advancement program, which develops sustainable products in microbial platforms for the food, flavor and fragrance, and personal care markets.
Cibus has an immediate opening for a contract Production Associate – Laboratory Support position to help us to revolutionize plant breeding using our unique, patented RTDS™ gene editing technology to produce sustainable industrial and agricultural products and improve human health by safely harnessing Nature's own genetic diversity.
The successful applicant will help provide essential laboratory support and supply chain management for Cibus’ automated gene editing production platform. This position will work as part of a team and be expected to independently perform inventory and materials management, reagent preparation and QC, ordering, equipment maintenance, data organization and tracking, and production planning. The position is contracted for an initial 180 days and dependent on business needs, may be extended or possibly converted to a full-time position. The position is for shift work in the morning to early afternoon or afternoon to evening. This position offers an excellent opportunity for a talented individual to learn and grown in a matrixed environment focused on cutting edge gene editing technology.
- B.Sc. or B.A degree in a scientific discipline with 0+ years of experience or an AA/HS diploma with 2+ years of experience.
- Strong organization and information tracking skills. High attention to detail.
- Prior experience with inventory and supply management.
- Demonstrated experience with data entry and management in Microsoft Excel or other database software. Prior experience working with a Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS) is beneficial.
- Prior laboratory experience with aseptic techniques, reagent preparation, and/or laboratory QC.
- Process oriented mindset with demonstrated problem-solving skills.
- Able to follow Standard Operating Procedures and provide feedback to improve protocols.
- Effectively communicates with supervisor through meetings and report writing.
- Ability to be independent, self-motivated, and enjoy working in a highly collaborative environment.
- Ability to work either a morning to early afternoon or afternoon to evening schedule with possible weekend work is desired.
Cibus provides an attractive compensation and benefits package that includes medical/dental/vision, flexible spending, 401(k) plan, vacation and sick leave. If you enjoy working as part of a team and want to participate in this exciting research, please e-mail resume to and put down job code: LS2109.
ONLY CANDIDATES WITH WORK AUTHORIZATION IN THE U.S. ARE CONSIDERED AT THIS TIME.