If you are ready to explore a career in which you have an opportunity to truly innovate, discover, and positively benefit our planet alongside a dynamic team, please submit your resume to .
Accounts Payable Clerk
Location: San Diego, CA
Job Code: FI2253
Cibus is a biotechnology company with advanced technologies to precisely target and direct a plant’s natural gene-editing processes. This approach accelerates natural plant breeding that has been a staple of farming for thousands of years and has resulted in a rapid, versatile and low-cost way to produce sustainable industrial and agricultural products and improve human health by safely harnessing nature's own genetic diversity.
The company has a worldwide presence, with subsidiaries in Europe and North America and a state-of-the-art research and development center in San Diego. Cibus has a pipeline of traits for canola and rice and is developing crop platforms and a pipeline of trait products in other major global crops including soybean, corn, and wheat. The broad applicability of Cibus’ technologies is highlighted by the company’s strain-advancement program, which develops sustainable products in microbial platforms for the food, flavor and fragrance, and personal care markets.
Cibus has an immediate opening for an Account Payable Clerk to help us to revolutionize plant breeding.
- Responsible for validation, processing of all vendor invoices
- Reviews purchase orders for accuracy and validity
- Accurately performs three-way matching of invoices to related purchase orders and good receipt details
- Communicate with vendors about billing discrepancies and questions
- Record credit card transactions
- Process annual 1099’s to vendors and Internal Revenue Service
- Report sales taxes by calculating requirements on paid invoices
- Assists with any other miscellaneous accounting projects
- Review expense reports for accuracy and validity
- Maintain Accounts Payable Outlook inbox
Knowledge, Experience, and Skills:
- Must be able to work independently and as part of a team
- Must be detail-oriented and display a high degree of accuracy
- Must be able to meet deadlines
- PC and Microsoft Excel Proficiency
- Data Entry Skills
- General Math Skills
- Experience with Microsoft GP Dynamics (Great Plains) preferred
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Business or related field, or equivalent combination of education and related work experience in accounting and payroll or finance.
- Medium volume (100-150 invoices per week) accounts payable experience.
- Must have experience with complex invoices (fund allocations, sales tax issues, leases, or complicated maintenance).
- Must have the ability to interpret reports and analyze data with attention to detail.
- Must have strong problem-solving skills including the ability to recommend options and implement solutions.
- Must be reliable, detail and service oriented.
- Works well under pressure to meet multiple deadlines in a timely manner.
- Excellent computer, communication, and collaborative skills.
- Must be able to work overtime as needed and occasionally work a flexible schedule based on workload and deadlines. Peak times include month-end and year-end close, and audits.
Cibus provides an attractive compensation and benefits package that includes medical/dental/vision, flexible spending, 401(k) plan, vacation and sick leave. If you enjoy working as part of a team and want to participate in this exciting research, please e-mail resume to and put down job code: FI2253.
ONLY CANDIDATES WITH WORK AUTHORIZATION IN THE U.S. ARE CONSIDERED AT THIS TIME.