If you are ready to explore a career in which you have an opportunity to truly innovate, discover, and positively benefit our planet alongside a dynamic team, please submit your resume to .
Manager, Internal Controls and Special Projects, Finance & Accounting Team
Location: San Diego, California (Remote)
Position Type: Full-Time
Required Education: B.S. or M.S.
Job Code: FI2220
Cibus is a biotechnology company with advanced technologies to precisely target and direct a plant’s natural gene-editing processes. This approach accelerates natural plant breeding that has been a staple of farming for thousands of years and has resulted in a rapid, versatile and low-cost way to produce sustainable industrial and agricultural products and improve human health by safely harnessing nature's own genetic diversity.
The company has a worldwide presence, with subsidiaries in Europe and North America and a state-of-the-art research and development center in San Diego. Cibus has a pipeline of traits for canola and rice and is developing crop platforms and a pipeline of trait products in other major global crops including soybean, corn, and wheat. The broad applicability of Cibus’ technologies is highlighted by the company’s strain-advancement program, which develops sustainable products in microbial platforms for the food, flavor and fragrance, and personal care markets.
Cibus has an immediate opening for a Manager, Internal Controls and Special Projects, Finance & Accounting Team to help us to revolutionize plant breeding.
- Manages the company’s effective system of Internal Controls
- Updating or managing updates of all process and internal control narratives periodically
- Managing the execution of monthly, quarterly and annual internal controls
- Managing annual ‘walk throughs’ with external consultant (VdB)
- Responsible for archiving all relevant evidence of internal controls and communicating with external consultant
- Manages interface between Internal Controls and external Auditors (BDO)
- Quarterly status reporting of all the above to SMM and F&A
- Primary F & A Team member focused on Procurement and Inventory Management
- Collaborates across Operations, R&D related to Procurement
- Active in cross functional evaluation and implementation of Inventory management systems
- Explores CapEx financing alternatives related to major items
- Collaborates regarding system changes/new system implementations
- Great Plains Dynamics
- Inventory management
- Manages Cibus’ cross-functional annual Group Insurance renewal process (seasonal)
- Manages Special Projects and assists with accounting and reporting matters as needed
- Treasury needs
- Capital Leases
- Consolidated group management and statutory reporting
- Accounting and compliance matters related to all legal entities
- Public market financial filings
- Budget and Cash flow forecasting
- Cost accounting
- Risk management
- Positive Cibus ambassador and the unique culture of the company, which has been cultivated carefully over many years by our Cibus Quality Culture (CQC) Committees
Knowledge, Experience, & Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree required, ideally with an MBA or related advanced degree; a minimum of 10 years’ relevant experience; or its equivalent.
- Multiple years of Finance and Accounting operational experience.
- Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Knowledge of automated financial and accounting reporting systems.
- Excellence in organizational management with the ability to coach staff, manage, and develop high-performance teams.
- Proven leadership and ability to achieve results.
- Strong written and verbal interpersonal communication skills, and professional presentation skills.
- Ability to organize, prioritize, and manage multiple projects.
- Ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite of products and tools.
Cibus provides an attractive compensation and benefits package that includes medical/dental/vision, flexible spending, 401(k) plan, vacation and sick leave. If you enjoy working as part of a team and want to participate in this exciting research, please e-mail resume to and put down job code: FI2220.
ONLY CANDIDATES WITH WORK AUTHORIZATION IN THE U.S. ARE CONSIDERED AT THIS TIME.