If you are ready to explore a career in which you have an opportunity to truly innovate, discover, and positively benefit our planet alongside a dynamic team, please submit your resume to .
Location: San Diego, CA
Position Type: Full-Time, Temporary Contract, Second Shift
Required Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a scientific discipline and a minimum of 0-2 years’ experience or AA/HS diploma and 2-4 years’ experience
Area(s) of Expertise Desired: Automation, Sample Management, Sample Collection, Data Entry
Job Code: CB2289
Cibus is a biotechnology company with advanced technologies to precisely target and direct a plant’s natural gene-editing processes. This approach accelerates natural plant breeding that has been a staple of farming for thousands of years and has resulted in a rapid, versatile and low-cost way to improve nutrition, increase crop yields, and reducing waste.
The company has a worldwide presence, with subsidiaries in Europe and North America and a state-of-the-art research and development center in San Diego. Cibus has launched its first commercial product, SU Canola™, and has a pipeline to traits for canola, rice, flax, and potato. The broad applicability of Cibus’ technologies is highlighted by the company’s strain-advancement program, which develops sustainable products in microbial platforms for the food, flavor and fragrance, and personal care markets.
This position will assist in the operation of a semi-automated platform supporting Cibus’ patented gene editing technology. The successful applicant will be expected to assist with all aspects of the workflow, including handling plant cell culture production batches, operating robotic equipment, and collecting samples for analysis.
Responsibilities will involve carrying out a variety of manual and automated cell line material handling processes, sample monitoring, data collection and data entry.
This position offers an excellent opportunity for a talented individual to learn and contribute to the development of new methods in a matrixed environment focused on cutting edge technology.
- Prior experience with automation systems and/or an interest in this area
- Prior experience with aseptic technique, media preparation, and tissue culture systems is a plus
- Excellent sample and data tracking skills, attention to detail, and highly organized
- Prior experience working in a quality control system is a plus
- Proficient in Excel and MS Office suite. MS Access or other database experience a plus
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, meet deadlines, follow SOPs and record procedures in a clear, accurate manner
- Efficient communication with supervisor and fellow team members through meetings
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Ability to work long periods standing at dedicated workstations conducting routine operator tasks
- Available to work weekends and/or overtime during peak periods
Cibus provides an attractive compensation and benefits package that includes medical/dental/vision, flexible spending, 401(k) plan, vacation and sick leave. If you enjoy working as part of a team and want to participate in this exciting research, please e-mail resume to and put down job code: CB2289.
ONLY CANDIDATES WITH WORK AUTHORIZATION IN THE U.S. ARE CONSIDERED AT THIS TIME.