If you are ready to explore a career in which you have an opportunity to truly innovate, discover, and positively benefit our planet alongside a dynamic team, please submit your resume to .
Location: San Diego, California
Position Type: Full-Time
Required Education: B.S.
Area(s) of Expertise Desired: LIMS & Data Management
Job Code: CB2228
Cibus is a biotechnology company with advanced technologies to precisely target and direct a plant’s natural gene-editing processes. This approach accelerates natural plant breeding that has been a staple of farming for thousands of years and has resulted in a rapid, versatile and low-cost way to produce sustainable industrial and agricultural products and improve human health by safely harnessing nature's own genetic diversity.
The company has a worldwide presence, with subsidiaries in Europe and North America and a state-of-the-art research and development center in San Diego. Cibus has a pipeline of traits for canola and rice and is developing crop platforms and a pipeline of trait products in other major global crops including soybean, corn, and wheat. The broad applicability of Cibus’ technologies is highlighted by the company’s strain-advancement program, which develops sustainable products in microbial platforms for the food, flavor and fragrance, and personal care markets.
Cibus has an immediate opening for a (Job Title) to help us to revolutionize plant breeding.
Minimum: B.Sc. in plant/cell biology, plant biotechnology, plant physiology or related field.
- Conduct experiments involving plant cell and tissue culture (protoplast techniques, somatic embryogenesis, suspension cultures, shoot regeneration, micropropagation).
- Prepare media and other materials require for various daily experiments.
- Investigate, create and develop new methods and technologies for project advancement and to further understand the cellular processes involved in the application of Cibus’ proprietary technology.
- Utilize scientific literature to design experiments and improve methods.
- Perform quantitative analysis, prepare technical reports, protocols, written and oral presentations.
- Participate in the preparation and improvement of SOPs.
Knowledge, Experience, Skills:
- Experience working with aseptic techniques, plant cell and tissue cultures.
- Familiarity with microscopy, microphotography, imaging software, and cytometry is a plus.
- Basic knowledge of gene editing technology, plant protoplast/cell culture methods and in vitro plant regeneration systems is a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational and motivational skills, accurate record keeping, and attention to detail.
- Able to use judgment and make routine recommendations for resolving problems in moderately complex assignments.
- Highly proficient in Excel and MS Office suite. MS Access or other database experience a plus.
- Able to manage multiple tasks while meeting deadlines.
- Able to follow SOPs and perform troubleshooting on procedures.
- Ability to adapt to minor changes in routine to achieve objectives.
- Effectively communicates with supervisor through meetings and report writing.
- Ability to be independent, self-motivated, and enjoy working in a highly collaborative environment
Cibus provides an attractive compensation and benefits package that includes medical/dental/vision, flexible spending, 401(k) plan, vacation and sick leave. If you enjoy working as part of a team and want to participate in this exciting research, please e-mail resume to and put down job code: CB2228.
ONLY CANDIDATES WITH WORK AUTHORIZATION IN THE U.S. ARE CONSIDERED AT THIS TIME.