If you are ready to explore a career in which you have an opportunity to truly innovate, discover, and positively benefit our planet alongside a dynamic team, please submit your resume to .
Research Associate - Cell Culture Automation
Location: San Diego, CA
Position Type: Full-Time, Regular
Required Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a scientific discipline and a minimum of 0-2 years’ experience or AA/HS diploma and 2-4 years’ experience
Area(s) of Expertise Desired: Automation, Flow cytometry, FACS, Sample Management, Data Analysis, Process Development, Plant Tissue Culture
Job Code: CB2200
Cibus is a biotechnology company with advanced technologies to precisely target and direct a plant’s natural gene-editing processes. This approach accelerates natural plant breeding that has been a staple of farming for thousands of years and has resulted in a rapid, versatile and low-cost way to produce sustainable industrial and agricultural products and improve human health by safely harnessing nature's own genetic diversity.
The company has a worldwide presence, with subsidiaries in Europe and North America and a state-of-the-art research and development center in San Diego. Cibus has a pipeline of traits for canola and rice and is developing crop platforms and a pipeline of trait products in other major global crops including soybean, corn, and wheat. The broad applicability of Cibus’ technologies is highlighted by the company’s strain-advancement program, which develops sustainable products in microbial platforms for the food, flavor and fragrance, and personal care markets.
The position will help to run and maintain an automated platform supporting Cibus’ patented gene editing technology. The successful applicant will be expected to assist with all aspects of the automated workflow including maintaining plant cell cultures, operating Fluorescence-Activated Cell Sorters (FACS), contributing to system developments and improvement, and data mining and analysis. Individual must be confident in running and troubleshooting FACS instrumentation independently. This position offers an excellent opportunity for a talented individual to learn, grow, and contribute to the development of new methods in a matrixed environment focused on cutting edge technology.
- 0-2 years of experience with flow cytometry analyzers including systems development, template design, instrument maintenance, troubleshooting, and data analysis desired.
- 0-2 years of experience with Fluorescence-Activated Cell Sorting instrumentation is desired.
- Excellent data tracking skills, attention to detail, and highly organized.
- Desire and willingness to improve process efficiency, innovation, and use best judgment to solve problems with moderately complex assignments.
- Effective oral and written communication skills. Proactively communicates with supervisor and teammates; proficient at preparing progress reports and presentations with guidance
- Strong sense of accountability; self-motivated, and enjoys working in a highly collaborative, dynamic, and fast-paced research environment.
- Highly proficient in MS Office suite. Experience with Verity Software House WinList, or FlowJo is a plus.
- Prior experience with aseptic technique, plant cell tissue culture methods, and in vitro plant regeneration systems is a plus.
- Candidate must be open to a flexible schedule – shift start at 6:00am
Cibus provides an attractive compensation and benefits package that includes medical/dental/vision, flexible spending, 401(k) plan, vacation and sick leave. If you enjoy working as part of a team and want to participate in this exciting research, please e-mail resume to and put down job code: CB2200.
ONLY CANDIDATES WITH WORK AUTHORIZATION IN THE U.S. ARE CONSIDERED AT THIS TIME.