MEDIA INQUIRIES | (619) 849-6009 |
For Immediate Release
Cibus Announces SU Canola™ Grower Program
Premium Contracts and Financing Available; Cibus Reps to Meet Growers at Leading Industry Events
Fargo, ND (November 14, 2016) Cibus has launched a new Grower Program from its SU Canola that includes a volume bonus, contract bonus, loyalty bonus and trip to visit the Cibus headquarters in San Diego. Other promotional opportunities include a partnership with Cargill, offering premium grain contracts to farmers, and 0% financing offered by Cibus’ distribution partner Wilbur-Ellis Company. Cibus representatives will be available to meet with farmers at leading industry events, including the Heartland Ag Showcase and the Northern Ag Expo.
“SU Canola offers so many opportunities to farmers, including high yields and an economical and easy-to-use weed control system,” said Dave Voss, Cibus’ Vice President, Commercial Development. “The bottom line is farmers make more money per acre by planting Cibus brand canola as the hybrids are competitive in yield, the weed control system is efficient and economical, Cibus is offering generous promotions, Cargill is offering premium grower contracts and Wilbur-Ellis through John Deere Financial is offering zero percent financing to qualified customers. Canola growers are really responding to Cibus canola because of the new options and flexibility this system brings them.”
Cibus’ 2017 Grower Program has four key elements:
- The Volume Bonus: Growers who purchase a minimum of 30 units of Cibus SU Canola seed will receive a $50/bag rebate;
- The Loyalty Bonus: Growers who have previously purchased Cibus SU Canola seed will receive a $50/bag rebate;
- The Cargill Contract Bonus: Growers who sign a non-transgenic grain production contract with Cargill will receive a $50/bag rebate;
- Visit Cibus’ San Diego Headquarters: Growers who purchase and plant a minimum of 50 units of Cibus SU Canola seed will be invited to visit San Diego during January or February 2018. The San Diego Trip includes two airline tickets, hotel, meals and activities, including a tour of Cibus’ state-of-the-art world headquarters.
Cibus partner program offers include:
- Wilbur-Ellis in cooperation with John Deere Financial is offering 0% financing to qualified customers for Cibus brand seed orders of $2,500 or more. Offer is through participating Wilbur-Ellis branches, alliances and dealers in North Dakota, Montana and Minnesota.
- argill West Fargo is offering full production premium contracts to growers of SU Canola with an “Act of God” clause. Growers can price production at any time from contract signing to delivery of production. Visit www.cibuscanola.com for details.
Cibus Events: Meet Cibus representatives at the upcoming events:
- Heartland Ag Showcase (Minot, North Dakota, November 15-16, 2016): Cibus will exhibit at booths 333-334 at the new and improved agricultural trade show held at the North Dakota State Fair Center. Visitors and exhibitors capitalize on this event to take action with year-end purchases/sales of seed, fertilizers, chemicals, tractors, balers and other equipment.
- Northern Ag Expo (Fargo, North Dakota, November 29-30, 2016): This regional agricultural exhibition sponsored by the North Dakota Agricultural Association is held at the FargoDome. Cibus will exhibit.
- NCGA Canola Expo (Langdon, North Dakota, December 16, 2016): The Northern Canola Growers Association hosts events in Langdon and represents North Dakota canola growers and 90% of the canola grown in the United States. Cibus is a sponsor of the Northern Canola Growers Association and will exhibit at this event.
- KMOT Ag Expo (Minot, North Dakota, January 25-27, 2017): Now in its 45th year, the annual KMOT Ag Expo will have over 350 exhibitors. In past years, up to 40,000 people have attended the annual show where Cibus will exhibit at booths 1056-1057. The KMOT Ag Expo is the largest indoor agricultural show in the upper Midwest.
Visit www.cibuscanola.com to learn more about SU Canola and Cibus. For more information or to schedule an interview with a Cibus representative, please contact Shawna McGregor at 917-971-7852 or .
Cibus (www.cibus.com) is a leading precision gene editing company with a unique, patented technology for naturally modifying cell functions. With over 300 patents and patent applications, Cibus is a technology leader in the silent revolution in the development of non-transgenic traits. Cibus’ non-transgenic technology enables it access to global multibillion-dollar markets in agriculture, specialty chemicals, and human health. Utilizing its patented Rapid Trait Development System (RTDS®) technology, Cibus offers a disruptive alternative to transgenic approaches. To date, international regulatory authorities have deemed traits from Cibus’ RTDS technology to be indistinguishable from mutagenesis associated with normal breeding and thus have determined that these traits will be globally acceptable. Cibus has a worldwide presence, with subsidiaries in both Europe and North America, including Nucelis, its bio-industrials division, and a state-of-the-art research and development center in San Diego, California. Cibus’ core purpose is to lead the transition to sustainable non-transgenic agricultural and industrial products and improved human health by harvesting nature’s natural diversity. For more information, visit cibus.com. Find Cibus on LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram and Google+.