Current Job Openings
Intern – Cell Culture Automation
Location: San Diego, CA
Position: Full-Time, Intern
Job Code: CB1840
Cibus is a biotechnology company with advanced technologies to precisely target and direct a plant’s natural gene-editing processes. This approach accelerates natural plant breeding that has been a staple of farming for thousands of years and has resulted in a rapid, versatile and low-cost way to improve nutrition, increase crop yields, and reducing waste.
The company has a worldwide presence, with subsidiaries in Europe and North America and a state-of-the-art research and development center in San Diego. Cibus has launched its first commercial product, SU Canola™, and has a pipeline to traits for canola, rice, flax, and potato. The broad applicability of Cibus’ technologies is highlighted by the company’s strain-advancement program, which develops sustainable products in microbial platforms for the food, flavor and fragrance, and personal care markets.
The position will help to run an automated platform supporting Cibus’ patented RTDS™ gene editing technology. The successful applicant will be expected to assist with the workflow, which includes operating a robotic system to monitor growth of plant tissue samples, data input and database maintenance. Responsibilities will involve sample monitoring and management, image analysis, data retrieval and processing. This position offers an excellent opportunity for a talented individual to learn and contribute to the development of new methods in a matrixed environment focused on cutting edge technology.
- Prior experience with automation systems and/or an interest in this area
- Practical experience with aseptic technique, media preparation, and plant tissue culture systems
- Excellent sample and data tracking skills, attention to detail, and highly organized
- Highly proficient in Excel and MS Office suite. MS Access or other database experience a plus
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, meet deadlines, follow SOPs and record experimental procedures in a clear, accurate manner
- Effectively communicates with supervisor through meetings, report writing, and oral presentations
- Ability to be independent, self-motivated, and enjoys working in a highly structured and routine orientated environment
- Manage multiple tasks while meeting deadlines
Knowledge, Experience, and Skills:
The successful candidate will have a B.Sc. in plant/cell biology, plant biotechnology, plant physiology or related field with 0-2 years of experience or an AA/HS diploma/related certificate with 3+ years of experience.
Cibus provides an attractive compensation and benefits package that includes medical/dental/vision, flexible spending, 401(k) plan, vacation and sick leave. If you enjoy working as part of a team and want to participate in this exciting research, please e-mail resume to and put down job code: CB1840.
ONLY CANDIDATES WITH WORK AUTHORIZATION IN THE U.S. ARE CONSIDERED AT THIS TIME.