Current Job Openings
Intern – Cell Culture Automation
Location: San Diego, CA
Position Type: Full-Time, Intern
Job Code: CB1839
Cibus is a biotechnology company with advanced technologies to precisely target and direct a plant’s natural gene-editing processes. This approach accelerates natural plant breeding that has been a staple of farming for thousands of years and has resulted in a rapid, versatile and low-cost way to improve nutrition, increase crop yields, and reducing waste.
The company has a worldwide presence, with subsidiaries in Europe and North America and a state-of-the-art research and development center in San Diego. Cibus has launched its first commercial product, SU Canola™, and has a pipeline to traits for canola, rice, flax and potato. The broad applicability of Cibus’ technologies is highlighted by the company’s strain-advancement program, which develops sustainable products in microbial platforms for the food, flavor and fragrance, and personal care markets.
The position will help to run an automated platform supporting Cibus’ patented RTDS™ gene editing technology. The successful applicant will be expected to assist with the workflow, which includes tracking and maintenance of plant cell and tissue cultures, performing weekly cell biology experiments, and media preparation for the team. This position offers an excellent opportunity for a talented individual to learn and contribute to the development of new methods in a matrixed environment focused on cutting edge technology.
- Experience with aseptic technique, dilutions, and media preparation
- Familiarity with light and fluorescence microscopy, microphotography, imaging software, and flow cytometry is a plus
- Basic knowledge and experience with RTDS and plant protoplast/cell culture methods and in vitro plant regeneration systems is highly recommended
- Excellent verbal and communication skills
- Strong organizational and motivational skills, accurate record keeping, and attention to detail
- Highly proficient in Excel and MS Office suite. MS Access or other database experience a plus
- Ability to be independent, self-motivated, and enjoys working in a dynamic work environment
- Manage multiple tasks while meeting deadlines
Knowledge, Experience, Skills:
The successful candidate will have a B.Sc. in plant/cell biology, plant biotechnology, plant physiology or related field with 0-2 years of experience or an AA/HS diploma/related certificate with 3+ years of experience.
Cibus provides an attractive compensation and benefits package that includes medical/dental/vision, flexible spending, 401(k) plan, vacation and sick leave. If you enjoy working as part of a team and want to participate in this exciting research, please e-mail resume to and put down job code: CB1839.
ONLY CANDIDATES WITH WORK AUTHORIZATION IN THE U.S. ARE CONSIDERED AT THIS TIME.